With over 25 years of experience as a New Zealand guides – we believe that our uniquely exploratory, comfortable and informative tours excel in quality, creativity, flexibility, interpretation content and superb accommodation.
Tailored tours – we build your visit around what you want, not our preferences. We take the time to understand what you enjoy so we can create the perfect custom made tour experience for you.
Our service – you can trust us not only to tailor the right holiday for you but to look after you from the moment we meet until we say farewell. We will take care of you every step of the way.
Very high level of comfort and service – and we also offer our guests a choice of first class (4 star) or luxury (5 star) accommodations. Many meals are included and they are of a high quality, as well as our delightful picnic morning and afternoon teas.
First-hand knowledge – your tour guides are locals who have explored all the places we recommend, so we know the destinations, accommodations and local area inside out.
We believe in value – we do not promise to be the cheapest, but you will not pay over the odds. Our quality of service and our expertise makes our value for money hard to beat.
Adventure – is low-intensity, carefully tailored for active, healthy persons over 40. Some of our soft adventures are also suitable for older children or teenagers. Many tour companies identify adventure travel as simply going to a distant, exotic destination. We go much further than that with guided walks, remote picnics, wildlife excursions, helicopter flights and much more.
Flexible – our guests can depart on virtually any date they choose and we will guarantee the departure with a minimum of two travellers.
- We are passionate about what we do and are determined on to deliver the best experience.
- We are based right here in New Zealand, it’s our ‘backyard’.
- We explore and enjoy the same places and things we recommend to our guests.
- We respond to each and every enquiry as soon as possible on the same day (NZ time) we receive. We truly value your enquiry and of course your time.
- We create unique experiences, each one designed around your wishes and requests.
- Our itineraries are superbly detailed, and clearly indicate what is included in your tour. Accommodations and room types that we have suggested and reserved for you are also identified as well.
- All our prices include all New Zealand taxes (GST).
- We do not charge additional fees for payments by credit card.*
- We are full members of the Tourism Industry Association New Zealand (TIA) which is the tourism industry’s peak organisation and fully abide by their code of conduct. (please see below)
* Please note that we only accept Visa and Mastercard
Journeys, Expeditions and Safaris
- Would you like to experience a different kind of vacation?
- Would you enjoy travelling on an exclusive private tour?
- Do you enjoy being an active traveller?
- Does comfort, fun, exploring, discovering and learning appeal to you whilst travelling?
- Do you find first-class service, superb food and exquisite accommodations very desirable?
- Are you interested in history, geology, wildlife, ancient pristine landscapes or perhaps just magnificent scenery?
- Do you enjoy travelling “off the beaten track”?
If you can answer yes to one or more of these questions, then perhaps you should join one of our Wildsouth expeditions!
traditionally, an overland journey, usually a trip to Africa. Today, safari often refers to trips to observe and photograph wildlife, or hiking or sightseeing.
an organised journey or voyage undertaken by a group of people for a specific purpose, a pleasure trip, an excursion
It’s an unforgettable moment when you round a corner to have a superb picnic lunch at a remote and beautiful location.
The contrast between your wild surroundings, the delicious food and attractive table setting recalls safaris of old. The days when no one would consider not dressing up for lunch in even in the remotest settings – except you don’t have to dress up!
A touch of elegance.
Whether its a bush morning tea with a stunning view, a relaxed picnic in a secluded spot or a private celebratory lunch looking out at a mountain, there’s just something special about eating al fresco.
Going the extra mile and offering guests the special experience of “dining” in varied outdoor venues is one of the hallmarks of what Wildsouth Discovery prides itself on… definitely something to consider before you book your next trip.
- Recognise and affirm customers’ rights to courteous, prompt and honest service.
- Maintain high standards and fair practice in all business transactions.
- Accord customers of all cultural origin equal respect and consideration.
- Price goods and services fairly and unambiguously.
- Ensure that advertising is accurate and truthful, free of anything which could mislead or otherwise be contrary to the public interest.
- Establish and maintain procedures for the prompt handling of complaints, ensuring that all inquiries, refunds and returns of goods (where applicable) are dealt with properly and reasonably.
- Keep proper books of accounts and conduct all affairs in a professional manner.
- Uphold and observe all laws and regulations pertaining to their establishment, particularly those governing the provision and sale of goods and services.
- Discharge all responsibilities to employees by observing all laws and awards, by giving proper training and instruction, by providing adequate working conditions, equipment and facilities and supervising standards of safety and work practice.
- Act in an environmentally responsible way.
- Uphold the interests and reputation of New Zealand as a quality destination for visitors and travellers, offering friendly, hospitable service.
Green Journeys New Zealand Luxury Accommodation & Experiences
Wildsouth Discovery is proud is be affiliated with Green Journeys – New Zealand luxury tours, accommodation and experiences.
Tourism Industry Association New Zealand
The Tourism Industry Association New Zealand (TIA) is the only independent association that represents all sectors of New Zealand’s large and diverse tourism industry. They are vocal supporters of the tourism industry, working to ensure tourism gets the recognition it deserves as a vital contributor to the country’s economy and social health.
Christchurch & Canterbury Tourism
We are the Regional Tourism Organisation (RTO) for the Canterbury region of New Zealand’s South Island.
As an RTO, we promote Christchurch and Canterbury as a tourism destination to media, travel trade, conventions and directly to visitors. We know what an amazing region Canterbury is and want to make sure potential visitors do too.
Department of Conservation
We are the government agency charged with conserving New Zealand’s natural and historic heritage. Our vision is for New Zealand to be the greatest living space on Earth. Our vision means ensuring that New Zealanders gain a wide range of benefits from healthy functioning ecosystems, recreation opportunities, and through living our history.
100% New Zealand
100% NZ is our way to encourage web surfers to get in behind and support 100% New Zealand owned and operated businesses.
Tourism West Coast
BE INSPIRED BY THE WEST COAST – The Untamed Natural Wilderness of New Zealand.