Privacy and cookie statement
Wildsouth Discovery is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using our services or our website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Wildsouth Discovery may change this policy from time to time by updating this page and you should check this page to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
This policy is effective from 27 January 2021.
Who are we
Wildsouth Discovery is a privately owned New Zealand company specialising in tailor-made and luxury holidays around the South Island of New Zealand.
Any personal information provided to or gathered by us is controlled by Wildsouth Discovery Ltd (“Wildsouth Discovery”, “We”, “Us), a company registered in New Zealand.
Data security is of the utmost importance to us and we are committed to ensuring information we collect from you is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online and offline.
What information do we collect
Information that you provide to us when registering on our website, completing a booking form, sending response emails, subscribing to mailing lists, entering competitions, participating in market research and when contacting us both on and offline including:
- Name, address, contact information including phone and email
- Subscription and demographic information such as preferences, interests, age and family information.
- Information relating to your holiday such as reviews, blogs, image or video uploads, questionnaire data, holiday enquiries and brochure or marketing requests
- Information relating to quoting and booking a travel service, including information regarding family and travel companion(s) such as names, emergency contacts and special service needs, such as any disability or medical or dietary restrictions (which may disclose your religious beliefs), passport information, dates of birth, insurance information, visa information, nationality and country of residence.
- Information relevant to customer surveys, feedback, offers and market research.
We do not store financially sensitive information such as credit card numbers, bank details or security numbers.
Information automatically received by us when you use the website or contact us by email or phone including:
- Browsing, purchase and search history. We may also use software tools such as Google Analytics to measure and collect session information, length of visits to certain pages, repeat visits and page interaction information (such as clicks and mouse movements).
- The domain and IP address that your computer uses to connect to the internet; your computer, browser, operating system, internet connection, referral information, search terms and other standard information collected by default by tools such as Google Analytics.
- Telephone information including phone numbers, call duration and on occasion call recordings that we use for training and quality control.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping, auditing and regulation purposes.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- We may use your information to contact you for market research purposes.
- We may use the information to personalise and customise the content of our website according to your interests.
We may contact you by email, phone or mail unless requested otherwise.
A cookie is a small text file that is stored on your computer or other device when you visit a website. They are very widely used in order to make websites function properly, or more efficiently, as well as provide information to the owners of the site.
Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
Who else may see your data
In order to respond to your holiday request or booking we may need to disclose some of your information to our partners including:
- delivery companies such as the couriers and postal services.
- travel companies such as hotels, activity providers and other affiliated tourism companies.
We only pass on information that is required in order to fulfill the booking or enquiry, such as name and address to delivery companies, accommodation and activity providers.
Please be aware that due to the nature of our business and of the internet, information and data you provide may be transferred outside the country where it is submitted to us. If you are submitting information or data from a country within the European Economic Area (EEA) it is possible that it may be transferred outside the EEA, where data privacy regulations may differ from within the EEA.
Advanced Passenger Information (API) is required by many countries prior to arrival (or departure). API information includes personal identity information such as name, passport details, visa information, nationality, transit and destination data. Airlines and transport companies are required to transmit this information by law and data entry is requested at the time of ticket issue. To comply with these regulations Wildsouth Discovery passes the relevant information to the transport companies who transmit the information to the relevant authorities.
Controlling your personal information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- You may update and request details of any personal information which we hold about you by contacting us at any time.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the address below. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
We can be contacted…
- By email: [email protected]
- By writing: Wildsouth Discovery
PO Box 33490
Barrington, Christchurch 8022
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting third party sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.