With over 24 years of experience - we believe that our tours compare very favourably with those that our competitors offer in terms of the quality and creativity of our itineraries, their flexibility, interpretation content and the superb accommodations.
Tailored tours - we build your visit around what you want, not our preferences. We take the time to understand what you enjoy so we can create the perfect experience for you.
Our service - you can trust us not only to tailor the right holiday for you but to look after you from the moment we meet until we say farewell. We will take care of you every step of the way.
Very high level of comfort and service - and we also offer our guests a choice of first class (4 star) or deluxe (5 star) accommodations. Many meals are included and they are of a high quality, as well as our delightful picnic morning and afternoon teas.
First-hand knowledge - we visit all the places we sell and recommend, so we know our properties and the local area inside out.
We believe in value - we do not promise to be the cheapest, but you will not pay over the odds. Our quality of service and our expertise makes our value for money hard to beat.
Adventure - is low-intensity, carefully tailored for active, healthy persons over 40. Some of our soft adventures are also suitable for older children or teenagers.
Flexible - our guests can depart on virtually any date they choose and we will guarantee the departure with a minimum of two travellers. Many tour companies identify adventure travel as simply going to a distant, exotic destination. As you can see, we don't. We hope that our uniquely exploratory, comfortable and informative tours do interest and appeal to you.
So, why book with us?
- We are passionate about what we do and are determined on to deliver the best experience.
- We are based right here in New Zealand, it's our 'backyard'.
- We explore and enjoy the same places and things we recommend to our guests.
- We respond to each and every enquiry as soon as possible on the same day (NZ time) we receive. We truly value your enquiry and of course your time.
- We create unique experiences, each one designed around your wishes and requests.
- Our itineraries are superbly detailed, and clearly indicate what is included in your tour. Accommodations and room types that we have suggested and reserved for you are also identified as well.
- All our prices include all New Zealand taxes (GST).
- We do not charge additional fees for payments by credit card.*
- We are full members of the Tourism Industry Association New Zealand (TIA) which is the tourism industry's peak organisation and fully abide by their code of conduct. (please see below)
* Please note that we only accept Visa and Mastercard
TIA's Code of Ethics requires members to:
- Recognise and affirm customers' rights to courteous, prompt and honest service.
- Maintain high standards and fair practice in all business transactions.
- Accord customers of all cultural origin equal respect and consideration.
- Price goods and services fairly and unambiguously.
- Ensure that advertising is accurate and truthful, free of anything which could mislead or otherwise be contrary to the public interest.
- Establish and maintain procedures for the prompt handling of complaints, ensuring that all inquiries, refunds and returns of goods (where applicable) are dealt with properly and reasonably.
- Keep proper books of accounts and conduct all affairs in a professional manner.
- Uphold and observe all laws and regulations pertaining to their establishment, particularly those governing the provision and sale of goods and services.
- Discharge all responsibilities to employees by observing all laws and awards, by giving proper training and instruction, by providing adequate working conditions, equipment and facilities and supervising standards of safety and work practice.
- Act in an environmentally responsible way.
- Uphold the interests and reputation of New Zealand as a quality destination for visitors and travellers, offering friendly, hospitable service.
"Their love for their country spilled over onto us."
"My wife and I spent 9 days with Brian and Paula who couldn't have made us feel more welcome in their beautiful country. They both are extremely knowledgeable about the history (current & past), the wildlife and the vegetation. We went to areas and saw sites that regular tourists would never find on their own. Their love for their country spilled over onto us. When we finally had to part ways, it was definitely emotional. We would definitely recommend this tour to 1 or 2 couples who would like a personal in depth tour of the South Island."
- Thomas M, USA
View more client testimonials >